doctemplate auto-generates localized omf files for docbook and html installation
kyle.nitzsche at canonical.com
Fri Feb 19 22:46:03 UTC 2010
The doctemplate project (http://launchpad.net/doctemplate) now
automatically creates localized OMF files for localized docbook and
html, if you want them.
This means you can easily install localized docbook for display in yelp.
(This is added with doctemplate version 1.3-0ubuntu0ppa21.)
To install doctemplate:
* add this ppa to your Software Sources:**ppa:doctemplate-team/ppa**
* install the 'doctemplate' package: sudo apt-get install doctemplate
Create an article project in a new directory with: doctemplate_setup_article
An OMF file needs a few fields filled in, so you simply edit a few
fields in the 'environment' file (things like title, creator and date),
then run "./make_C-OMF". This creates the "C" locale omf template file.
Then, when you build your localized docbook (from your 'single source')
with './make_docbook' (or './make_html'), the following are created:
* which contains omf files for your localized docbook (one for each
code in the project's LINGUAS file)
* which contains omf files for your localized html (one for each code
in the project's LINGUAS file)
* the seriesid is autogenerated by the './make_C-OMF' command.
* you can turn OMF file generation on and off for xml and html by
editing two variables in the 'environment' file. HTML omf file
generation is off by default.
More information about the ubuntu-doc