documentation for Ubuntu One applications

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 4 08:32:58 UTC 2010

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Matt Griffin
<matt.griffin at canonical.com> wrote:
> The music store would probably be the top priority followed by the
> Control Panel. We can probably take care of information about User
> Designated Folders on the Ubuntu One website in something like a feature
> tour or screencast.
>
> I heard from Jim Campbell that he was going to work with Milo Casagrande
> on possibly rewriting the Rhythmbox docs so I can probably chat more
> with him about adding materials for the music store.
>
> Please reply if we can work together on these docs. Thanks for your
> help.

I'm willing to help. It's a great opportunity for newcomers to
contribute to the documentation and I'd encourage anyone who is
interested to help out too.

The first question is can we use this software now? If not, when will
it be available in Lucid? I have in mind that feature freeze is two
weeks away and the freeze for writing new documentation is four weeks
away, so we don't have that much time to plan and write the help.

In terms of planning, does the Ubuntu One team already have use cases
in mind for these applications that are likely to require help?

As for execution, let's see what Jim and Milo say about the state of
Rhythmbox upstream docs. They are currently in docbook format so there
isn't any easy way to plug new information into the Rhythmbox help
directly, so we may have to think about whether to write standalone
documentation or add something to another part of the help system. The
"Music, Video and Photos" section would be an obvious place. On the
other hand, if the plan is to write the Rhythmbox docs in mallard
(upstream's new help format) then this might allow us to plug the
documentation directly into Rhythmbox's own help.

Will the music store have its own help button?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org