Direction of the Ubuntu system docs

mw crowley crowleymw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 20:05:54 UTC 2010

There are a number of elements in this agreement that would prevent me
from joining the effort, namely:
5. I will execute any documents and perform any acts that Canonical
requests from time to time to enable
Canonical to protect, perfect, enforce or enjoy the rights assigned
and/or granted to it under this agreement, at
Canonical's expense

Why can't the documents just be license creative commons style.
Canonical can have their logos copyrighted as they see fit,but why
would anyone sign a legal agreement for a volunteer position?