USB installation instructions for beginners

Phillip Whiteside phillw at phillw.net
Mon Apr 26 09:10:58 UTC 2010

The splash screen now looks like

http://people.canonical.com/~cjwatson/tmp/ubuntu-boot-screen-new.png

<http://people.canonical.com/~cjwatson/tmp/ubuntu-boot-screen-new.png>The
reason for using Win partitoner when it is available is that Windows can
squeal like a scalded pig & require CHKDSK to run after using the ubuntu one
(not always, but enough times for the advice to be use the win partitioner),
this has an additional advantage that the OP ensures Win is still happy
before putting ubuntu onto the 'free' area this not blaming Ubuntu for
'breaking' their Win installation.

Regards,

Phill.