ubuntu-doc Digest, Vol 67, Issue 5

Nitesh Mistry mailbox at mistrynitesh.net
Sat Apr 10 08:44:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 11:55:49AM +0530, Sumit Nanchahal wrote:
> Hi all,
> I dont know whether this is the forum to ask this question.
> But please guide me.  I want to know if there is a way I can burn a copy of Ubuntu
> without a ISO file, i.e. supposing I have ubuntu installed on my PC.  Can I
> make a copy of the OS installed on my computer, with all the updates
> incorporated in it.

No Sumit, this is not the correct forum to ask this question. This list discusses the documentation of Ubuntu system. You may post your query at ubuntu-users list. Also, do not reply to a digest. Instead send a new mail to the list your brief description of your problem in the subject line.
However, pertaining to your query, I have used remastersys [1] successfully to replicate/backup my ubuntu system. It creates an ISO file with all your programs and updates. Burn this ISO file on a cd/dvd and it can be installed on any other computer (as if you have created your custom distro)

[1] http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/

I believe there are a couple of other solutions, which I am not fully aware of.
For any further queries, you may post them at ubuntu-users list as mentioned earlier.

Regards,
Nitesh