'How To'

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:48:11 UTC 2010

Hi Phill,

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 13:03 +0100, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> as a n00b at this, I've now gotten completely confused over what
> programmes i need to view / edit etc.

Please don't worry too much about technical details like what program to
use to edit which markup language. That can all be learned over time, as
you need it (and we'll help you to learn).

I'm much more interested in encouraging people to write about things,
and write about them well. If you write some clear, well-researched,
easy to understand help topic, in plain text if you like, then I'll
happily do all of the boring markup stuff for you. You see, the
technical stuff doesn't matter to our readers; the content does.

(As it happens, I'm looking for a few people to help with the re-write
of the GNOME Desktop Help. There's quite a lot of work to be done in
that area, if anyone is interested...)

Thanks,

Phil

--