Karmic SRU

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 6 21:47:22 UTC 2010

Matthew East wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Adam Sommer <asommer70 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>> This may not be the best time to inquire, but since Lucid is wrapping up I
>> was just wondering if there are any plans to do an SRU for Karmic?  The main
>> reason I ask is because the OpenLDAP section for Karmic isn't accurate and
>> has caused a lot of confusion.  I take responsibility for this, and would
>> like to do an SRU for Karmic to rectify the situation.
>> If it's better to have this discussion after the Lucid release I totally
>> understand and don't mind waiting, but just wanted to get the conversation
>> started in any case.
>>

> I think this is a good idea and fine in principle. Feel free to
> nominate bugs for fixing in Karmic as described at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/ServicePacks. In terms of
> timing I do think that we should wait until after the release, because
> we'll need to give translators an opportunity to translate the new
> strings, and they will want to focus on Lucid until the release is out
> of the way. Feel free to remind us of this issue once Lucid is out.

Regarding nominating bugs for releases - is there any way that we can
get permission to accept bug nominations for ubuntu-docs for Ubuntu
releases on LP?  Even if we decide not to fix them, it makes it a lot
easier to track what people want to have fixed if the bug can at least
be open for a release so it is visible in LP.  Too many bugs get
nominated then fall off the watch list because the task was not opened
for a release.

-Connor