improvement of the Wiki editor

Yann Ubuntu yannubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:52:10 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Here are some ideas to improve the wiki editor:
- in the ubuntu-fr wiki editor, we have buttons to automatically
insert it in the edition window some frequently used syntaxes, such as
the "how to install a package" tutorial link, the "how to edit a file"
link, the "apt url" link, "Insert a picture", "Important" warning box,
"Idea" warning box....
- above the editor we have links to models of each type of wiki page:
"tutorial", "application", "material", "laptop", "user". Very
convenient for new wiki contributors. Improves the homogeneity of the
wiki.
- above the editor we also have a message suggesting to send an email
to the wiki mailing-list each time you create a new page or make a big
modification. This improves the follow-up, and allows to advise new
contributors.
- currently when I edit a page in https://help.ubuntu.com/community ,
at the bottom of the editing page I see (in French) "For more
information, see the [Edition help|Edition help] or the SyntaxSummary"
, but the EditonHelp doesn't have link, and the SyntaxSummary page
does not exist...

Best regards
~YannUbuntu