how to install movie playing software?

Nasir Khan Saikat nasir8891 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:41:44 UTC 2009

just try to play the media files Ubuntu will suggest you which file you need
to download . then accept the request. some files will be downloaded and
installed .

or install all the packages starts with "gstreamer"  from the synaptic
package manager (system >> administration >> synaptic package manager).

thanks

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Alex Lourie <djay.il at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sukanta
>
> Next time it is better to ask such questions on Forum [1] or on Launchpad
> Answers [2].
>
> In short: click Applications, Select Add/Remove, make sure "All
> Applications" is selected in Show, search for VLC in search box.
>
> When it is found, press Apply Change and VLC will be installed.
>

> [1] - Ubuntu Forums <http://forums.ubuntu.com>
> [2] - Ubuntu Launchpad Answers <https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu>
>

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM, <sukantamajumdar at aim.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear members,
>>
>> I am a new user of Ubuntu. Earlier I used to use Windows XP operating
>> system. Recently I have changed to Ubuntu.
>> I am interested to install the movie playing software in my laptop. I
>> tried with add/remove command, but it did not work.
>> I want to watch movie (like, AVSEQ, VLC, MPEG files) which earlier I used
>> to see in Windows XP operating system.
>> Can anybody kindly tell me how to install some software which will help me
>> to watch movie of AVSEQ, MPEG, VLC files.
>> Please tell me the process. I really do not know about installing software
>> in Ubuntu.
>> Thanking you in an advanced,
>>
>> Sukanta
>> India