how to install movie playing software?

sukantamajumdar at aim.com sukantamajumdar at aim.com
Tue Sep 15 11:55:56 UTC 2009

Dear members,

I am a new user of Ubuntu. Earlier I used to use Windows XP operating system. Recently I have changed to Ubuntu.
I am interested to install the movie playing software in my laptop. I tried with add/remove command, but it did not work.
I want to watch movie (like, AVSEQ, VLC, MPEG files) which earlier I used to see in Windows XP operating system.
Can anybody kindly tell me how to install some software which will help me to watch movie of AVSEQ, MPEG, VLC files.
Please tell me the process. I really do not know about installing software in Ubuntu.
Thanking you in an advanced,

Sukanta
India