Upcoming UI changes for UNR

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 13 09:33:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009, Dougie Richardson wrote:
>> While we're on UNR, if anyone on the team is interested then let me
>> know, the Network and Internet section is complete but the rest is
>> just a skeleton trunk.
>
>  So you mean you started from Ubuntu docs and just revised the Network
>  and Internet sections, right?

FWIW, I think this is definitely the way that this should be done. UNR
is essentially Ubuntu with a facelift, and the majority of the
material in the ubuntu-docs package is applicable. We've discussed in
the past what the best way to ensure that derivative branches (e.g.
xubuntu-docs) can use the material and changes made to the ubuntu-docs
branches, and this is an excellent opportunity to put that into
practice.

I'd like to see a UNR branch created from the ubuntu-docs branch,
which makes the relevant changes to account for the differences in
menu structure and the additional software included in UNR. That
branch can then keep up to date with changes made to the ubuntu-docs
branch by merging in such changes as are relevant, and ignoring those
that are not.

Does anyone see an issue with such an approach?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org