Ubiquity slideshow

Dougie Richardson dougierichardson at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 7 21:08:23 UTC 2009

Hi Matthew,

2009/9/7 Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>:
> I agree. I think the best way to handle this would be to introduce the
> help centre, and then introduce the free and commercial support
> resources in turn as we do in the help center itself. Something like
> this:
>
> = Need help? =
>
> The Ubuntu Help Center contains information about how to use your new
> Ubuntu system. Just click on the question mark button at the top of
> your desktop.
>
> = Can't find the answer? =
>
> The Ubuntu community provides extensive free support. Find out more at
> ubuntu.com/support/communitysupport
>
> Canonical, its partners and approved companies provide commercial
> technical support. Read about it at ubuntu.com/support/services
>
> = How to Contribute =
>
> Ubuntu has an open and vibrant community of contributors. Find out how
> to contribute at ubuntu.com/community/participate

I couldn't phrase it any better - I think that's the way to go. How
easy would it be to have an image of the help button? I can see people
saying this is more text than on other screens but getting help is
arguably more important and in any event the screen is on the longest.
--
Regards,

Dougie Richardson
http://www.lynxworks.eu/