Ubuntu Server Guide - CUPS

Greg Stratton greg9strat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:28:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been using Linux off-n-on for a while now and I really get
enthus'd every time I use it.  This time I figured I'd try to get
involved and give back - so I've joined the mailing lists for
documentation.

I was just going through the server guide (9.0.4) for CUPS and I think
I've found an error in the guide.  I'm not sure where the best place
to file this, so I figured I'd start here.

Near the bottom, the guide mentions the command for restarting the
CUPS service as:

sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

But when I try that on my local server, it gives me an error: sudo:
/etc/init.d/cupsys: command not found

I believe the correct command is:

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart

So please let me know what is the most effective way to file these
sorts of things - I looked at launchpad and that has mostly bugs from
software usage (and I didn't know if people typically also report
'bugs' in documentation there as well....)

Thanks much!  Excited to be here!
Greg