Proposed string freeze exceptions

Dean Sas dean at deansas.org
Sun Oct 4 22:30:44 UTC 2009

Matthew East wrote:
> As usual right after string freeze our translators and other
> eagle-eyed bug reporters have picked up some errors in the
> documentation.

Is there anything we can do to encourage people to look at the docs
earlier? You've been uploading the documents more often throughout this
cycle which is a good move I think.

I think perhaps we should have made more noise on the planets a month or
so ago to ask people to review the documents as it is getting close to
string freeze.

Milo mentioned that he looked at the docs as part of the Global Jam. Is
there a reason why the Jam is held when it is - after the archive is
frozen/slushy and before the ubuntu+1 archive is open?

Dean