Open Week - another docs day?

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:05:38 UTC 2009

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 08:52 +0200, Alex Lourie wrote:
[...]
> And then we could have "Advanced Documentation" part, where all the
> new trends and technologies could
> be reviewed.
>
> In this case, the Mallard lecture could easily go into the 3rd part,
> and there would be no mistake about its
> purpose and target audience. We don't want new people to begin
> learning how to write Mallard documentation
> before they know what the Doc Team is for.

That's true, people should learn the general principles of writing
documentation before they are introduced to anything specific. However,
I think that when we do eventually introduce a way of writing
documentation to them, Mallard will be easier to understand and will fit
better into the way that we should be writing.

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull