Gufw docs

Ulul ulul at
Wed Nov 25 23:23:17 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I started to work on the subject and as a new comer I wanted to have
something nearly complete before submitting it. Augustina, since you
take the task, maybe you'll be interested in using some of what I wrote.
If you want help, I'd be delighted.
I almost completed the introduction which is rather long compared to the
usual help docs but I think that someone going for the GUI needs a
presentation of what firewalling is.

You can find my draft here :
pdf :
odt source :

A short introduction to myself :
Linux user since 1998 and Unix worker since 1999.
I have intended to contribute to the open source community since the
first day I discovered it but never managed to get involved in code
writing seriously. Now that I am a seasoned family man, I don't ambition
anymore to sit at the top of the food chain :-) and I think I can help
better by doing for open source  what I mundanely do everyday : write
technical and architecture documents.
I'm a French native speaker and can help with translations to French
though I'd rather write English for practicing.

I don't know Docbook yet but if you point me to a particular part of the
doc to write or update, I can learn.