Low hanging fruit

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Sat May 9 13:21:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Dougie Richardson
<dougierichardson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> FWIW I don't think bitesize is clearer as the phrase low hanging fruit
> is used quite widely, bitesize implies small rather than achievable.
> For example this bug [1] looks like a small change but it isn't.

bitesize means "This bug is easy to fix and suitable for new
contributors.". The bug you linked to really is not hard to fix. The
issue was that we were not sure what the proper solution was, so some
questions had to be asked. I think the tag should be used to denote
bugs that are technically easy to fix. This does not necessarily mean
that the fix is a quick five minute patch. It very well might require
talking to several team members and members of other teams in order to
get accurate information. However, I do not feel that the amount of
work involved is necessarily the same as the difficulty level of the
bug.