Low hanging fruit

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat May 9 10:33:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Dougie Richardson
<dougierichardson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Following up last weeks meeting, I've created a new tag on LP for
> ubuntu-doc - "lowhangingfruit". I've written Wiki page [1] explaing
> its usage as well as how it is used by new contributers.
>
> I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I think it's quite important
that we have a set of tags documented on a single wiki page which we
can discuss before starting to implement the tags, so that we know how
the tags will interact, can discuss whether they overlap, and so on.
Then when we have agreed on the set of tags, we can apply them to the
existing wiki pages, such as the "Tasks" and "Getting Started" areas.

A specific comment I'd have on the "lowhangingfruit" tag is that there
is already an official Ubuntu tag called "bitesize" [1] with a similar
function, and it might be better to use that given that it has special
recognition in Launchpad as an official tag. I think that as a name
it's also a bit more intuitive.

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags

--
Matthew East