Easy way to request documentation

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu May 7 19:44:48 UTC 2009

Hi Dougie,

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 16:35 +0100, Dougie Richardson wrote:
> 2009/5/7 Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com>:
> > On the topic of summarising LP Answers requests: I have a searchable
> > database of questions which have been asked on the #ubuntu IRC channel.
> > It's ~2GB in size and I don't have a webserver that I could put a
> > frontend to it on, but if anyone wants me to run any queries on it
> > locally then please let me know.
>
> Depending on what you envisage as a front end then I have the space,
> let me know.

Thanks for the offer, it would be great if we could get something up and
running for general doc-team consumption. At the moment I'm relying on
Python scripts to do the querying on my local copy, but SQL would be
much easier to work with.

The front end would just accept an SQL query and return the results. It
would be useful to have a cronjob which downloaded the latest IRC logs
and updated the database regularly, too. This would only take an
afternoon of hacking or so to set up.

Thanks,

Phil

--