newtoubuntu docs

kelvin at mbmn.net kelvin at mbmn.net
Wed May 6 19:53:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've had a quick chat with the Ubuntu Beginners team about the "New to
Ubuntu" part of the systems docs. But, I need to get more feedback from
them, which I'll do over the next couple of weeks. Also, I think I'll post
on the Ubuntu Forums to try to get feedback from newer users.

I'm starting to think about drafting some words for the new "What is
Ubuntu" and "How to get help" sections and keeping away from the more
"technical" content until I get more feedback. If anyone has any input let
me know.

I'd like to write the pages in docbook rather than in plain text and have
them "wrapped" by someone else (I have experience in other mark-up
languages). Since I'm new to the team it would be useful to have mentor
that I can direct queries to. Would any one like to mentor me.

Thanks,
Kelvin