Reorganizing u/k/x/buntu docs translations

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Wed May 6 17:20:37 UTC 2009

Hi Adi,

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> It may be a Launchpad problem, but we all know that Rosetta team is very
> busy. For now, I prefer to see how we can work around Rosetta's
> limitations.
>
> Before continuing I think we should hear some thoughts from Kubuntu,
> Xubuntu and Edubuntu docs maintainers to confirm if this problem is
> valid or not.
>
> Cheers,
> --

I'm afraid that I'm a bit in the dark about some of the more technical parts
of the translation process for *buntu. I do understand the overall workflow,
but not the intricacies of how certain translations are given higher
priority than others, and what affect this has for translators.

As a side note, I'm not sure how or if the "Xubuntu-is-in-Universe" aspect
will still be relevant once the archive reorganization gets put into place.

In general, though, whatever adjustments need to be made on the back-end of
things to make things easier for translators . . . I trust your judgment. If
there's anything that any Xubuntu documentation contributors need to change
to assist you, please let me know.

Jim