Reorganizing u/k/x/buntu docs translations

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue May 5 07:33:02 UTC 2009

While the reprioritising sounds sensible, I'm not convinced about the
renaming idea.

It would mean that the template name will depart from the name of the
document, and as Milo pointed out, it will be longer.

Is there a genuine confusion that renaming the templates would
resolve? Isn't it enough that the templates are contained in different
source packages which show the name of the flavour that they belong to
clearly? (ubuntu-docs/add-applications, kubuntu-docs/add-applications,
etc)

If the problem is that Launchpad presents the name of the template in
its list of available translations so that the same template name
appears more than once, that is a bug in Launchpad, in my opinion,
because template names across different source packages can very
easily repeat themselves more than once. It would be more sensible for
Launchpad to present a list of translatable packages, not templates.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org