team organization page

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Sun May 3 21:04:19 UTC 2009

Matthew East wrote:
> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Connor Imes <rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Matthew East wrote:
>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-wiki-admins
>>>

>> Is the intention to make everybody in the wiki-admins team part of
>> EditorGroup [1]?
>>
>> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EditorGroup
>>
>> I would have thought that the old wiki-team would be merged into the new
>> ubuntu-doc-contributors team, then a new team would be created for those
>> with elevated wiki permissions.
>>

> I don't think there is a way of merging two Launchpad teams
> automatically. I think what we need to do is to manually move members
> of the new team who aren't really wiki admins yet into the
> ubuntu-doc-contributors team, and point them towards the Organization
> page so that they know how to apply to be a wiki admin if they wish
> to.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

Sounds good to me.  How exactly do we "manually move members"?  Does
that involve removing them from the team and sending them a message
letting them know they should join the -contributors team (and
referencing the Organization page)?  Or as a team admin can you actually
transfer their membership for them?