String Freeze

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 26 17:30:33 UTC 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 11:28:03 Matthew East wrote:
[...]
> Yes, but beta freeze is a week before beta release, where the docs
> string freeze currently is... so your proposal *is* to push it back at
> least a week from where it is now.

ARGH! I have been saying Beta Freeze now for 2 days and have meant Beta
Release. Nobody else caught that though, good eye :) Yes, sorry about that,
Beta Release.

I think I was saying Beta Freeze because of the whole FFe thing the other day
in a meeting and it has stuck with me for some reason.

So...String Freeze should be 1 or 2 days prior to the Beta Release. This way
we will have the ability to get it in for the release and it can hit the
release notes.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  9554 2BCC 3AA2 3898 0939  56E7 3EC9 A39D 2E2C 0124