SSH and the Server Guide

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 24 09:24:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Marc K. <mk at technomensch.net> wrote:
> I know that it's been a while since I was working on the docs, but I'm
> quickly getting back into the swing of things.  While attempting to set
> up SSH and RSA keys, I found that I was quite disappointed and perplexed
> by the way the SSH documentation was written.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSHHowto
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AdvancedOpenSSH
>
> Then I noticed:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/serverguide/C/openssh-server.html
>
> So I started trying to clean up the existing docs, merging them
> together.  Eventually, I would like to see these combined into the
> ServerGuide if there are no objections?

{snip}

> Do we have enough time to do this before Jaunty's release or is it
> wishful thinking?

Work on the wiki can continue without interruption between now and
Jaunty's release. However work on the serverguide will be frozen on 26
March, which is the documentation string freeze -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule. Merging wiki documents
about SSH into the server guide is an excellent goal for the next
release though.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org