Ubuntu Drupal

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 17 22:47:38 UTC 2009

Hey all,

2009/3/17 Dougie Richardson <dougierichardson at ubuntu.com>:
> Fair enough forget I mentioned it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dougie Richardson
> http://www.lynxworks.eu/
> dougierichardson at ubuntu.com

I think that this discussion has highlighted a couple of different
helpful items, though.  For example, up until this point I didn't know
that we didn't publish the docs in PDF format because of how some
internal links wouldn't work across PDF files.  I knew that it was
possible to do so, and I knew that we didn't, but I didn't know why.

Also, in regards to the docs-to-website building process, it appears
as though Matthew is really the only one who has an intimate knowledge
of how it works.  It seems that a few more doc team members should at
least have a decent grasp of such processes, even if we won't be
performing the updates ourselves.

We seem to have a decent group of regular documentors now.  Perhaps we
could collaborate just a bit more during the Karmic cycle to develop a
more comprehensive approach to the documentation, or perhaps a jaunty
post-mortem team meeting would be good to identify areas where we'd
like to see improvement - we could talk about what worked, what didn't
work, what can be done differently, etc.  Thoughts?

Jim