Ubuntu Drupal

Dougie Richardson dougierichardson at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 17 15:36:32 UTC 2009

2009/3/17 Dean Sas <dean at deansas.org>:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 23:09, Dougie Richardson
> <ddrichardson at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> I've been tinkering with Ubuntu Drupal solution
>> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDrupal) and was wondering if we should
>> adopt a CMS for HUC (the frontpage for which Matthew and I have been
>> bouncing some ideas).
>>
>> Advantages:
>> - Solves the problem with lists
>
> What is the lists problem?

Nothing major, I wrote a little JavaScript to have drop down lists but
there was a concern that the vocal anti-JavaScript minority would want
an alternative, the use of CSS block elements meant that the
alternative was expanded drop down lists.

>> Just throwing it out there, what do others think? There's no doubt
>> some massive, obvious oversight here on my part.
>
> I'm hesitant about the idea, in light of Matts reply I'm not sure that
> we're really gaining anything. Also it's nice to have the website
> under revision control which I guess we'd lose if we moved to Drupal
> (note that I don't know much about drupal).

There are Drupal revision control modules and the Ubuntu version is
heavily linked to Launchpad, see my last post to Matthew.
--
Regards,

Dougie Richardson
http://www.lynxworks.eu/