Fwd: Do we support enabling the root account?

Bill Day williamson.day at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:59:11 UTC 2009

OK, guys, voice of the relatively unsophisticated user, here, if not
the newbie.  Some applications expect/require root access, such as
webmin and SWAT.  Bacula even expects root access over ssh.  The easy
answer, of course, is "Don't use those applications!" ("Doctor, it
hurts when I lift my arm." "Don't lift your arm!")  Is there a more
nuanced answer that still protects the root account?

Bill Day

Bill Day
williamson.day at gmail.com
PGP Fingerprint: EE5D DE55 9EF1 E012 7417
A5F1 1D7D 0847 7785 1146

--
Bill Day
williamson.day at gmail.com