Terminal tutorials

Joe Burgess joemburgess at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:17:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 05:46:04AM +0100, Andrew Sayers wrote:
> I think a cheat sheet is a great idea.  I'm currently rewriting the
> tutorials based on suggestions from the Learning guys (thanks
> Dougie/Joshua), and all I can refer people to is the coreutils info page
> or $PATH.  If you wrote up a PocketMod based on your earlier work, I'd
> be happy to include it in the tutorials package (unless anyone else
> wanted it?).
>
> 	- Andrew

So I think a cheat sheet would be excellent. The key to the cheat sheet
is it has to be easily printable, which means that the PocketMod would
be an excellent idea.  Also maybe a djvu or something so that you could
just print it out and put it on the wall would make things very easy. We
could also have cheatsheets for different parts of the terminal such as
basic commands, vim, mutt, emacs, common file locations, etc.. If you
need help, shoot me an email, I would love to help!

--
--Joe Burgess
CMU Information Systems '12