Terminal tutorials

Augustina Blair missaugustina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:16:01 UTC 2009

I think a cheat sheet is the way to go for terminal.  Typically HOWTO's will
cover how to use the terminal.  Although I like the idea of a tutorial as a
non-scary way to introduce the terminal to new users, there definitely needs
to be a cheat sheet available for after the tutorial has been used.  I've
put together things for coworkers in the past and ultimately what was most
useful for them was a cheat sheet where they could look things up quickly
when they needed it.  When I first started using Linux, a friend of mine in
college had printed out a similar cheat sheet of common bash commands for me
and it was pretty useful.  Maybe a PocketMod would be useful?

Augustina