IRC log analysis for everyone!

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:54:54 UTC 2009

Hi Dougie,

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 09:18 +0100, Dougie Richardson wrote:
> Thanks for working on this, it could prove very useful.  I haven't
> time to run searches just now but I will have a good go with it next
> week

Let me know how you get on, I'm really interested to see what people
come up with.

To get the ball rolling, here are the results of a script which looks
for the most common GRUB error codes that people are experiencing:

Looking for questions which mention a GRUB error code.
Total number of records found: 869
Code 2 : 48 (5.5%)
Code 5 : 7 (0.8%)
Code 11 : 14 (1.6%)
Code 12 : 13 (1.5%)
Code 13 : 20 (2.3%)
Code 14 : 3 (0.3%)
Code 15 : 74 (8.5%)
Code 16 : 5 (0.6%)
Code 17 : 123 (14.2%)
Code 18 : 42 (4.8%)
Code 21 : 71 (8.2%)
Code 22 : 78 (9.0%)
Code 23 : 5 (0.6%)
Code 24 : 5 (0.6%)
Code 25 : 11 (1.3%)
Code 32 : 1 (0.1%)
Code 34 : 1 (0.1%)
Code 39 : 1 (0.1%)
Code 77 : 1 (0.1%)
Code 80 : 1 (0.1%)

I've attached the script so that people can play around with it. As you
can see, there are some false positives corresponding to the naive way
that the script looks for error codes (code 80 is a fsck error code, for
example).

Thanks,

Phil

--