Documentation Team for Bengali Language

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:50:53 UTC 2009

Hi Nasir,

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 14:57 +0600, নাসির খান wrote:
> I am Nasir from Bangladesh. I have seen that there is no documentation
> Team for Bengali  Language . we can use ubuntu in Bengali interface
> but we do not get any Tutorial or Help File in Bengali with the
> default Ubuntu. All the documentations are written in English.
>
>  If i want to create a  Documentation Team for Bengali Language and
> start contributing what i have to do?

You can use Launchpad to translate the documentation into Bengali [1].
All of the system documentation is available for translation, but the
translations will only be built if a document has more than a certain
percentage of translations completed (it might be about 70%, but I'm not
sure). See the Translation page [2] on the wiki for more information.

If there is a Bengali-language Ubuntu website, you can also build an
HTML version of the documentation once it has been translated. Some
documentation teams also maintain their own wiki [3].

Thanks,

Phil

[1] -
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/ubuntu-docs