ScreencastTeam video tutorials

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Jul 19 15:15:11 UTC 2009

2009/7/19 Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com>:
> However, I don't know what's going on with the screencasts team at the
> moment. Does anyone on this list know?

That would be me. Currently the state of the screencast team is thus:-

Lots of screencasts made in 2007, some created for the Ubuntu UK
Podcast we published in 2008, nothing new created since then.

The site used to be drupal based, and I'd upload multiple different
versions to the site (hosted by Canonical), however this was
incredibly time consuming and inefficient, so I looked at just
uploading videos once to blip.tv and let them deal with the hosting.
The nasty flash blob that's on the site at the moment is basically the
blip.tv embedded player. The videos do still get watched quite
regularly, so there's certainly a need for them.

More recently I had a discussion with Emma Jane Hogbin about
re-creating the site again in a more up to date drupal setup but this
still has the issue that the videos need to be processed/hosted
somewhere.

As I've done nothing with/for the team in some time, perhaps it's time
for someone else to take it on? I'm happy to hand it over to someone
else, or continue with it if I can get some help with design and
direction. I'm preparing to create a bunch more screencasts but not
sure when they will be ready.

Suggestions welcome.

Al.