Categories and SubPages as it pertains to the Wiki Playbook

Marc Kaplan mk at technomensch.net
Thu Jul 16 23:49:03 UTC 2009

I don't know if the Wiki allows for tags.  I do understand that the
"Rename" functionality is not available for users, as this is reserved
for Wiki Administrators.  This would be a long, and tedious process,
but I think with a good, core group of dedicated individuals, we could
possibly plow through the renaming, reorganizing, and restructuring
within, maybe one to two months...tops.

However, your point about more bureaucracy brings up an interesting
point.  It reminds me of how hardcore the Wikipedia admins are and how
active their community is overseeing the work being done.
Unfortunately, we're not at that level of dedication and commitment
yet so that would be a negative factor.

My big thing was to bring this discussion to the forefront.  In all
honesty, I like the reorganization idea, but I don't know if it will
work, would be maintained, and would just be a waste of time.

I am certainly open to suggestions because, in all honesty, the
current structure does need a revamp, and the developing of this
playbook is the perfect time to do just that.  This mailing list is
for brainstorming and I don't want to take an action to move forward
that would just piss everyone off.  While we can't please everyone, we
can at least try to come sort of understanding....

As for making the playbook public without a Google account, I've been
trying to figure out how to do that, and thought I did when I
originally sent the link.  I followed their instructions to give
access to a "mailing list", but it would appear as though it didn't
work.  If anyone knows what I might have done wrong and how to correct
this, please let me know and I'd be happy to make the appropriate
corrections.