CD/DVD burning page

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:08:49 UTC 2009

Hi all,
    I want to know what are people's views on the CD/DVD Burning page
on the wiki.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning

specifically with regards to cdrecord.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning#Command%20Line%20(Terminal)

I made some changes to the wiki but don't know whether they are right or not.

The other thing is does anybody have a view of the forking business
which has happened
in Debian and hence which tool are we supporting/giving to our users
(command-line tool)
atleast on the wiki.

For the fork download the cdrkit-doc documentation file and look up

/usr/share/doc/cdrkit-doc/FORK

AFAICT wodim seems to be the drop-in replacement for cdrecord.

Should we redo the command-line burning part using wodim for
documentation or what?

Comments, suggestions, actions all are welcome.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal