ubuntu-docs stats , xml and html

Mitsuya Shibata mty.shibata at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 06:59:15 UTC 2009

Hi Adi,

Thank you very much for your work.

However for many language to generate HTML, there are following errors:
> element xref: validity error : IDREF attribute linkend references an unknown ID "..."
Ex. http://ubuntu-docs-stats.tla.ro/ubuntu-8.10/report_html/internet/ja.txt

I noticed that this message will be appeared when exec "xsltproc"
to each xml files, and will not be appeared when exec it to topic
index file by "make all".

For example, if exec to each xml file by following command:
$ xsltproc --xinclude -o build/internet/ja/index.html \
  libs/ubuntu-html-chunk-cust.xsl internet/ja/connect.xml
It will output errors:
> ERROR: xref linking to network-troubleshooting has no generated link text.
> Error: no ID for constraint linkend: network-troubleshooting.
> Writing index.html for chapter(connect)

If exec to topic index file (connect.xml is in "internet" topic)
by Makefile's way in ubuntu-doc repository.
$ xsltproc --xinclude -o build/internet/ja/index.html \
  libs/ubuntu-html-chunk-cust.xsl internet/ja/internet.xml
It has no error. And can create all html files in internet topic.

If you use original make script, please check xsltproc's options.

Best regards,
--
Mitsuya Shibata
mty.shibata at gmail.com