Getting Started Guide - Looking for Feedback/QA

AviHein at gmail.com AviHein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:52:56 UTC 2009

My only intention with the document is to post it online (free) so that
more users of Ubuntu can get help, as people look for help in a variety of
ways. Feel free to take whatever portions of it are helpful and incorporate
it to help new Ubuntu users switch from Windows or any other OS.

On Feb 19, 2009 9:47am, Dougie Richardson <ddrichardson at btinternet.com>
wrote:
> Phil Bull wrote:
>

> Hi Dougie,
>

> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 21:59 +0000, Dougie Richardson wrote:
>

> I would be against this in its current format. I agree that the switching
guide needs updated but this a solution heavily based on images. Also,
there is a lot of similarity with the Desktop Training project here, which
several of us contributed to, is in DocBook and under the same license so
could be more readily incorporated.

> Since this is intended as a standalone document rather than for viewing
>
> in Yelp, the use of images is not such a bad idea. Translating the
>
> images is an issue, but there are ways of automating the
>
> screenshot-taking process.
>

> As for the Desktop Training project, what do you think about merging
>
> relevant material from Avi's document, the old SFW guide and the
>
> training manual into a new document?
>

> I agree the SFW guide needs updating and I think merging with the desktop
training guide is a good idea. Avi's document too - providing he clarifies
his intentions with it.