Doc status request (Matthew East)

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:43:20 UTC 2009

> Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:41:49 +0000
> From: Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Doc status request
> To: ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Carl Symons <carlsymons at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would rather you push your branches to lp:~your_lp_id/kubuntu-docs. This
>>> way here they will show up under the kubuntu-docs branches and be easily
>>> available for merging.
>>>
>> bzr suggests --no-strict because the changes are not committed. And I
>> don't have commit rights.
>
> In bzr, commits are done locally so you do have rights. Simply run
> "bzr commit -m "A description of the changes in this revision". Then
> run "bzr push lp:~carlsymons/kubuntu-docs/yourbranchname".
>
> Once it's uploaded you'll see it appear here (there are already two
> branches there from you):
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs

Thank you, Matthew. Still flailing here though.

Made minor changes to kubuntu-docs/docs/about/C/about.xml

In kubuntu-docs directory:
bzr update:
    Tree is up to date at revision 134.

bzr status:
    modified:
      docs/about/C/about.xml
      docs/netbook/C/netbook.xml

bzr commit -m "2 minor changes to about.xml to try bzr commit and push
suggestions from Matthew East"
    bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock
LockDir(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/kubuntu-docs/lucid/.bzr/branch/lock):
Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()

bzr push lp:~carlsymons/kubuntu-docs/lucid
    bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/carl/Documents/kubuntu-docs/" has
uncommitted changes (See bzr status). Use --no-strict to force the
push.

bzr push lp:~carlsymons/kubuntu-docs/lucid --no-strict AND ...push
--no-strict...
    Enter passphrase for key '/home/carl/.ssh/id_rsa':
passphrase
    bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock
LockDir(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/kubuntu-docs/lucid/.bzr/branch/lock):
Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()

No surprise that the changes do not show up in
~carlsymons/kubuntu-docs/lucid : /docs/about/C/about.xml

I appreciate your assistance. It seems like some minor thing I'm not
doing properly. I just don't see what it is.

Carl