Joining, an idea perhaps?

Ben Rogers benjammin35 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:36:11 UTC 2009

I am interested in joining the team as a checker. Also, I was hoping to
submit an idea, but I am still familiarising myself with how everything is
set up, so this may not be the best place. I am also unsure of whether this
would fall under documentation.

One of the things I am fascinated with is the capabilities of running from a
Live CD and the fact that it brings up networking once you get to the
desktop. It may or may not be a simple thing, but I have always been
interested in how people interact with  computers and information. From what
I have seen, Linux is still not 100% user-friendly but it has changed a lot
since my first exposure to it +- 10 years ago.

I was wondering about the possibility of putting together videos or
animations that might serve as walk-throughs or something similar that could
be accessible as a web link from the live CD? I know that at least for me,
it would have been a welcome and useful adjunct that could have made the
process somewhat less nerve-wracking. I also know that documentation exists,
but videos still provide a different experience nonetheless.

I plan on using a virtual machine to help with documentation, so it would
not be difficult to put together an example for consideration of whether
this would be a worthwhile project.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
--