Strange string in update-manager package

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 5 15:04:51 UTC 2009

El dc 05 de 08 de 2009 a les 14:14 +0200, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> today one of our translators pointed us to a rather strange string in
> update-manager for the Karmic release.
>
> The string in the actual template is number 99, you can find it here:
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/update-manager/+pots/update-manager/it/99/+translate
>
> I'll quote it here:
>
> "Your system uses an ARM CPU that is older than the ARMv6
> architecture. All packages in karmic were build with, optimizations
> requiring ARMv6 as the minimal architecture, i can not upgrade your
> system to karmic on your hardware."
>
> The second sentence is not very clear. I don't know if this string is
> supposed to stay here even in he final release, if it is, is it
> possible to review it? Is that coma after "with" intended? IMHO, even
> the "i can not upgrade" is not very "professional".

I agree, and I'd suggest to report it as a bug against update-manager
[1].

If someone would like to fix it providing a better string, its location
in the code is here [2], so either creating a bzr branch with the fix,
linking it to the bug and requesting a merge or submitting a patch would
be great.

Regards,
David.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/update-manager
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%
7Eubuntu-core-dev/update-manager/main/annotate/head%
3A/DistUpgrade/DistUpgradeQuirks.py#L144

--
David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator