Request for review for .img file writing instructions

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 20 11:09:11 UTC 2009

Hi Emmet,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Emmet Hikory <persia at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Documentation Team,
>    I've put together a short outline for how to write .img files to USB
> sticks or flash cards (1).  I'd like to request that someone review this
> document, and let me know what else is needed to make it suitable to be
> included with the regular Ubuntu documentation.
>
>    Ideally, I'd like to place it somewhere in parallel to the
> instructions to turn a .iso file into useful media (2).  Suggestions on
> an appropriate URL would be welcome.
>
> 1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Installation/FromIMGFiles
> 2: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

I think to be consistent and most effective, this should be integrated
into this document:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

That page currently deals with how to install an .iso file from a USB
stick, and ideally I think it should be split into two sections (or
maybe even subpages), the first dealing with .iso files, and the
second dealing with .img files.

Does that make sense?

--
Matthew East