request for review of Ubuntu 9.04 RC announcement

David Mandala david.mandala at canonical.com
Thu Apr 16 14:15:35 UTC 2009

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:42:48AM +0100, Gerry Carr wrote:
>> 1. Can I confirm (and bring to Matt N's attention) that we will need to
>> add UNR to this page
>>
>> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download ?
>
> David M. as the product owner is the authority on this, but for my part, I
> think it's appropriate to list UNR here and would recommend that you prepare
> for it.

I agree with Matt it should be on this page.  We believe it will be very
popular.

> Note that we've made provisions to engage with you around any changes to the
> download page earlier in the cycle in the future.

>> 2. a) Can I confirm we want to give it equal billing with Desktop and
>> server
>>
>> OR
>>
>> b) make it a sub category of desktop?
>>

>> I am happy to make these calls - I want to clarify if any decisions have
>> been made here?
>
> I don't have a preference on #2, happy to defer to you / David M.

My preference would be to make it it's own category with equal billing
with Desktop and Server.  It's not desktop, and it's not server, it runs
on a different class of machine so that makes choice 2.a) more correct.

--
David Mandala <davidm at canonical dot com>
http://www.canonical.com/ Public Key id: 45B2D952