request for review of Ubuntu 9.04 RC announcement

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Apr 16 09:42:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:28:14AM +0100, Gerry Carr wrote:

>> I would definitely suggest a) here.  The software installed is not the same
>> as for desktop edition
> looking again I agree as I assume that the install instructions are also
> different

Yes, the installation instructions and system requirements are both
different for UNR compared to the desktop.

> Can someone confirm
>

>      What do I need to create and use my Ubuntu Netbook flashdrive?
>
>    * A minimum 2G flashdive and the ability to write to a flashdrive
>    * A modern Intel or AMD compatible netbook
>    * At least 256MB of RAM
>    * Installation requirements » (CAN SOMEONE ADD INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNR
>      TO THIS LINK)
>      <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SystemRequirements>

Note that UNR requires that the system's 3D graphics processor be compatible
with Ubuntu.  I'm not sure if we have a list of compatible 3D chipsets
anywhere, but this is definitely a notable requirement.

It might be a good idea to provide the list of known working models here,
which are included in the release announcement.

--
 - mdz