[announcement] apt links on the wiki

yann_ubuntu-1 at yahoo.fr yann_ubuntu-1 at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 10 09:42:42 UTC 2009

Apturl was not enabled by default on my Kubuntu 8.10.

do you think that Kubuntu users are "sufficiently rare" ?

ok for not adding the "Repositories" link, but I (and French contributors) think by experience that the "Installing a package" link is definitely required, and is not confusing.

Regards,
Yann

> > 1) APT links don't work at all for Dapper users. So
> they need the link to other methods.
> > 2) APT is not enabled by default for all browsers. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7017256&postcount=10)
> So they need the link where they will find the method to
> enable the APT links on all web browsers.
> > 3) APT won't work if the appropriate repository is not
> enabled. The link "installing a package" will help
> beginners.
(..)