Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:00:12 UTC 2009

<snip>

As part of the Kubuntu Doc team, a team of two, maybe more?, I've debated this
topic several times in my head, with Rich Johnson, and probably even on this
mailing list.  Each time I come back to the part that it might be harder to
keep track of bugs that might get reported against ubuntu-docs that can or
might also exist against kubuntu-docs.
I have thought that in times past, a separate team might provide more
visibility and get more contributers, but I have found it to work the opposite
way.  I have seen several emails sent out to this list stating "I would like
to help with the docs and I run KDE or I run Kubuntu, how can I help." and I
believe that a kubuntu-docs team would get lost in the mix of launchpad.

I am slightly bothered by the change to the way that xubuntu-docs has occurred
without discussion with the rest of the ubuntu-doc team.  I am however more
bothered by the implications that Matthew wants the change reverted because
this is how he set it up and he only wants his way.  I believe mdke has gone
way out of his way to help us out over and over again and don't believe that
is rewarded with comments that have been made in this discussion.

I think changing the team description to add xubuntu-docs might help, but I
think the discussion needs to happen before the change was made.

Jonathan