allanpday at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:09:36 UTC 2008
Thanks for contributing to the WikiGuide draft . It's good to have
someone to collaborate with.
I really like the restructuring work you've done to the page - it's an
improvement. The one change of yours that I'm less sure about is the
renaming of the links in the Basics section. This:
If you haven't contributed to the wiki before, these are the best pages to start with.
* [[/PageCreation]] - Guidance on creating pages on this wiki.
* [[/WritingGuide]] - Writing style and conventions that are encouraged on the wiki.
* [[DocumentationTemplate]] - Recommended page structure.
Has become this:
* [[/PageCreation | How to Create a Page in this Wiki]]
* [[/WritingGuide | Guide to the writing style and conventions Wiki contributors are encouraged to follow]]
* [[DocumentationTemplate | Default Article Templates that the Documentation/Wiki Teams have developed to provide a structural foundation]]
Personally, I find the format of '<short link title> - <explanation>' to
be much easier to understand than longer, explanatory titles. The former
approach also has the advantage of being more succinct.
What do you think?
More information about the ubuntu-doc