documentation logo

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Fri Sep 5 22:40:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed that the docteam wasn't kept in the loop of the
> progress of the project, because it would have been positive to have
> these discussions at bit earlier (regardless of the outcome). So for
> that reason I'm commenting anyway on some of your points below...

Please accept my apologies for not keeping the doc team informed.

I welcome participation from anyone interested.  You can:

 * Subscribe to changes to the wiki page specification
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuManpageRepository

 * Participate in the Launchpad Blueprint
  * https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+spec/ubuntu-manpage-repository

 * Submit bugs against, and/or patches to the Bazaar branch
  * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-manpage-repository

The lack of an enthusiastic response to the initial RFC gave me the
impression that the doc team was not interested in the project.

And over the course of the last 6 months that I have subscribed to
ubuntu-doc@ and lurked on #ubuntu-doc, I saw very few technical
discussions, and so I didn't really think that the list was the
appropriate forum for developer-level discussions about the tool's
implementation.

:-Dustin