Press coverage

Morten Kjeldgaard mortenkjeldgaard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:51:09 UTC 2008

> Guilty as charged. I had no idea that my little musing on a minor
> project would be picked up and publicized by the register. Of course
> this publicity has mostly been picked up by the trolls of the
> blogosphere who (like the author of the article) failed to read an
> comprehend my blog posts.

Don't worry about it. Nobody takes those trolls seriously.

It is the nature of wiki documentation that it is difficult to
maintain and keep up-to-date. This is a fact-of-life and nothing to be
ashamed of. The alledgedly  messy state of the documentation is a
reflection of a lively and active community with people that really
want to contribute.

People write bits and pieces of information they find useful at the
time, but eventually forget about it and it becomes out-of-date or
even wrong. I've experienced that problem myself, I've wanted to
contribute some information, but not been able to find out a really
good place to put it, ending up creating a new page that perhaps
duplicates some information and doesn't quite fit into anything.

I also saw the piece in the Register, and decided that if the doc team
needs help, I might be able to contribute.

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard
mok0 at ubuntu.com
Key fingerprint = FC53 53B2 81D1 27CA 45D5  F864 078C F31B 4048 25E7