Press coverage

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 16:20:16 UTC 2008

OK now that I had lunch and am finished feeling bad, I'd like to
highlight the successes we have had with the wiki, from the Beginners
Team (BT) standpoint especially.

The BT is now using the wiki as one of its primary methods of staying
organized, we have an entire structure laid out [1].  The main page
would be here [2].  BT Focus Groups also use the wiki to stay organized.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners/Team

As a result of this, there are now a good number of BT members who have
at least seen how the wiki works, and many who are comfortable working
with Moin.  This means we have potential to get more people involved
with wiki documentation.  Here is the list of those involved with the
Wiki FG [3], some of them you may already recognize.
We are also making the wiki pages more visible on the forums by
providing links to those in search of help, and instructions on how to
make good use of the existing community docs.

[3] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners/Team/FocusGroups#Wiki

Finally, the BT Wiki FG has compiled a list of MAJOR workups on pages
[4].  This is by no means comprehensive, and certainly fails to take
into account pages that have simply been cleaned up a bit, enough to be
removed from CategoryCleanup.
There is also the implementation of CategoryDeletion [5] which we put to
great use - as many as a hundred or more pages have been removed from
the wiki as part of this cleanup effort.  (Speaking of which, those
pages still listed could use a little deletion love, admins!)

[4] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Beginners/Development
[5] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CategoryDeletion

So that's the real scoop, and anybody that thinks otherwise or just has
personal comments can come forward and feel free to debate the subject
in an honest and professional manner with me or the BT Wiki FG
volunteers.  I'm on IRC regularly.

Cheers,
-Connor Imes aka Rocket2DMn