documentation logo

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Fri Sep 5 07:40:53 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:
> In this case, there isn't any doubt that the utility is a useful one:
> it's a great idea as those who responded to your initial request for
> comments agreed. But there is one important question: why does this
> project warrant a separate website, as opposed to going directly into
> help.ubuntu.com?

I might be wrong, but I think that the tool Dustin built does generate
the man pages automatically on a regular basis and it could be a bit
dangerous to have it running on an already heavily loaded web site (as I
suppose help.ubuntu.com is).  I also think that the prefixing with
"manpages" allow to make a clear distinction between upstream provided
manuals and official (and specific) documentation the team has created
for Ubuntu.

Just my 2 cents...
Nick